Is this course relevant and interesting for more managers within your company? We organize this course in-company. Ask about the possibilities.
A Power BI data model, or analytical model, is the core of a Power BI solution. Each Power BI report is based on a data model that combines data and provides aggregations and all sorts of calculated results. When you have worked with analytical models for some time, you will need ever more advanced analyses with DAX. For this, advanced knowledge of DAX is needed. This course will help you to get the most out of DAX.
The concepts and techniques of Power BI data models are identically available in other tools like Power Pivot in Excel, SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular, and Azure Analysis Services. So, the knowledge acquired through this course can be applied in many ways.
This course aims to teach you to create advanced DAX calculations in an analytical model. We’ll cover several DAX functions but more importantly, focus on the underlying concepts that enable you to create your own calculations. Also, we’ll spend time on how to go from business question to DAX formula. After this course:
• You can develop advanced DAX calculations with e.g. DAX table functions.
• You can use control tables and corresponding calculations to drive specific behavior of reports.
• You have knowledge of advanced concepts in DAX context, and you are able to implement complex scenarios like extrapolation and forecasting.
The course starts with a recap of DAX context and filters as the foundation for more advanced topics:
• DAX table functions, and table filters
• DAX variables
• Control tables
• DAX performance
• Implementing complex scenarios with DAX