Load and transform data with Power Query
Our other training course:
This training is aimed at anyone who works with external data in Power BI or Excel.
- BI consultants,
- members of BI teams,
- business analysts,
- business controllers,
- Excel users
- ETL developers.
One of the more tedious tasks in Analytics is preparing data for analysis. Power BI offers a powerful tool for loading and transforming data called Power Query or, simply, Query Editor. Power Query is also available in Excel as ‘Get and Transform’, the default mechanism to load external data in Excel 2016 and later versions. Moreover, the same techniques can be used in SQL Server Analysis Services, Azure Analysis Services, and in the Dataflows component of the Power BI cloud service. If you can work in Power BI with this tool, you can reuse your knowledge in the other tools as well!
Power Query is a data preparation technology, connecting data sources and analytical models. It is the new standard for transforming source data into a workable format. When properly used, your analytical models will perform better and can be easier maintained. In this two-day course, you will not only learn how to work with Power Query but to apply best practices as well, to get the most of the technology.
The aim of this training is to let you work effectively and efficiently with Power Query. This will enable you to create efficient and fast Power BI or Excel models. After this training:
- You know how to load data from different data sources into the Power BI data model.
- You are able to perform both simple and complex transformations on data.
- You can combine data from multiple sources.
- You know about the M language, the script language behind Power Query, and how to use it to optimize data transformations.
The training starts with a walk-through of Power Query. We explore the underlying principles of Power Query and discover the features of Power Query. With a lot of exercises, you will gain hands-on knowledge on working with Power Query.
- Extracting data from data sources with the Query Editor: files, databases, web sources and much more.
- Data transformations in the query editor.
- Custom columns, the M language, and advanced queries.
- Creating functions with M.
- Optimization techniques.
- Using Dataflows to reuse and share data transformation logic.
Quanto training is the place to be if you want to learn how to use Power BI and related applications. We are both MVP (Most Valuable Professional): a Microsoft award for exceptional contributions, commitment and outstanding technical community leadership. We designed our courses based on our 10+ years of experience in Power BI and its underlying technologies. You’ll learn from the best!
- All our trainers are Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP). A guarantee for the best possible knowledge on Power BI.
- Get rid of manual work by automatic load and transform of complex data.
- Learn how BI really works for your Business.
- Costs: € 1.099,00. VAT may apply. The invoice will be sent by Quanto B.V.
- Participants: we allow a maximum of 15 participants.
- Language: this training is delivered in English or Dutch. All training materials are in English.
- Prerequisites: this course does not require any prior knowledge, although some basic experience with Power BI Desktop may help.
- Material: students will receive a hand-out with the course material and training files.
You can book this course at your organization! Do you want to know more about the possibilities of an in-company training by the experts of Quanto? Use the button on the right and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Henk Vlootman, Data Platform MVP.
Henk Vlootman has been awarded the prestigious Microsoft MVP award since 2013. From 2013 until 2016, he received the award for his outstanding expertise and community leadership in Excel. Since 2016 he has been awarded in the Data Platform category for Power BI. Henk is founder and CEO of Quanto and founder and chairman of the Dutch Power BI User Group.
With a 25+ year career as an Excel consultant, trainer, and author, Henk Vlootman has ample experience in helping organizations get the most out of their data. Being the face of Microsoft’s launch campaign for Power Pivot for Excel in the Netherlands, he was one of the first to work with the technology now known as Power BI.
Henk is a regular speaker at Power BI and Excel-related conferences around the world. He blogs for Financieel Management, the Dutch community for finance professionals.
Michiel Rozema, Data Platform MVP.
Michiel Rozema has been awarded the prestigious Microsoft MVP award since 2019. He was given the award for his outstanding expertise and community leadership in Power BI. Michiel is founder and CEO of Quanto and founder and board secretary of the Dutch Power BI User Group.
Michiel Rozema is a data analytics consultant combining deep knowledge of Power BI with expertise on process-oriented and organizational aspects of data analytics. He is a top expert in the DAX analytical language. As a Data Insight Lead at Microsoft, he was responsible for the introduction of Power BI and its predecessors in The Netherlands.
Michiel is a highly appreciated trainer and a regular speaker on (Power BI) conferences worldwide.
Get the best out of yourself!
Do you want to join the best Power BI data transformation training in Europe? Claim your seat with the registration form. It is easy: just click on the Registration button.
Is this training relevant and interesting for more people within your organization? We can deliver this course in-company as well. Click the In-company button for more information.