Valuable insights with Power BI Models
Our other training course:
This business training is for everybody that works, or wants to work with Power BI.
- BI consultants,
- Members of BI teams,
- Business analysts,
- Business controllers,
- Excel users
A Power BI data model, or analytical model, is the core of a Power BI solution. Each Power BI report is based on a data model that combines data and provides aggregations and all sorts of calculated results. The concepts of Power BI data models may seem easy and familiar, but make no mistake: building a well-performing data model requires a different way of thinking from working with relational databases or Excel. In this course, you’ll learn about building Power BI data models and how to use the DAX language.
The concepts and techniques of Power BI data models are identically available in other tools like Power Pivot in Excel, SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular, and Azure Analysis Services. So, the knowledge acquired through this course can be applied in many ways.
The aim of this course is to let you build powerful analytical models and enrich these with DAX functions. After this course:
- You have the knowledge to build efficient analytical models with different types of tables.
- You understand and can create and use relationships between tables.
- You know how to add calculations to models with DAX.
- Bonus: you know the best practices to develop models that are fast and easy to maintain.
We start by discussing the fundamental concepts of the Power BI data model. We explore the features of the Power BI Desktop tool, but spend most of our time on data modeling and DAX.
- Basics of Power BI data modeling: tables, relationships, data types, metadata.
- Analytical model design.
- Introduction to DAX: calculated columns and measures.
- Basic DAX functions.
- DAX context and filtering.
- Time Intelligence functions, like year-to-date and rolling total
Quanto training is the place to be if you want to learn how Power BI and related applications work. Quanto’s trainers are both MVP (Most Valuable Professional): a Microsoft award for exeptional contributions, commitment and oustanding technical community leadership. A clear sign that you get the best of Power BI knowledge.
Learn from the best trainers in Europe, with 10+ years experience in Power BI.
- All our trainers are Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP). A garantee for the best possible knowledge on Power BI.
- Get rid of manual work by automatic load and transform of complex data.
- Learn how BI really works for your Bussiness.
- International setting, the course is delivered in English or Dutch.
- Costs: € 1.099,00. VAT may apply. The invoice will be sent by Quanto B.V.
- Participants: we allow a maximum of 15 participants.
- Language: this course is delivered in English or Dutch. All training material is in English.
- Prerequisites: this course does not require any prior knowledge.
- Program: Power BI desktop.
- Material: students will receive a hand-out with the course material and training files.
You can book this course at your organization! Do you want to know more about the possibilities of an in-company training by the experts of Quanto? Use the button on the right and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Henk Vlootman, Data Platform MVP.
Henk Vlootman has been awarded the prestigious Microsoft MVP award since 2013. From 2013 until 2016, he received the award for his outstanding expertise and community leadership in Excel. Since 2016 he has been awarded in the Data Platform category for Power BI. Henk is founder and CEO of Quanto and founder and chairman of the Dutch Power BI User Group.
With a 25+ year career as an Excel consultant, trainer, and author, Henk Vlootman has ample experience in helping organizations get the most out of their data. Being the face of Microsoft’s launch campaign for Power Pivot for Excel in the Netherlands, he was one of the first to work with the technology now known as Power BI.
Henk is a regular speaker at Power BI and Excel-related conferences around the world. He blogs for Financieel Management, the Dutch community for finance professionals.
Michiel Rozema, Data Platform MVP.
Michiel Rozema has been awarded the prestigious Microsoft MVP award since 2019. He was given the award for his outstanding expertise and community leadership in Power BI.Michiel is founder and CEO of Quanto and founder and board secretary of the Dutch Power BI User Group.
Michiel Rozema is a data analytics consultant combining deep knowledge of Power BI with expertise on process-oriented and organizational aspects of data analytics. He is a top expert in the DAX analytical language. As a Data Insight Lead at Microsoft, he was responsible for the introduction of Power BI and its predecessors in The Netherlands.
Michiel is a highly appreciated trainer and a regular speaker on (Power BI) conferences worldwide.
Get the best out of yourself!
Do you want to join the best Power BI Modeling & DAX Fundamentals training in Europe? Claim your seat with the registration form. It is easy: just click on the Registration button.
Is this training relevant and interesting for more people within your organization? We can deliver this training in-company as well. Click the In-company button to get more information.