Online Course: Modeling & DAX fundamentals
PriceOnly online payment
Modeling & DAX fundamentals
Do you think this course is relevant and interesting for more employees within your organization?
We also give this online course in-company. We are happy to provide with more information.
If you have participate in this online course you’ll be able the build a solid bridge between your data and the visualization.
The concepts and techniques of Power BI data models are identically available in other tools like Power Pivot in Excel, SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular, and Azure Analysis Services. So, the knowledge acquired through this course can be applied in many ways.
Learning GoalsThe aim of this course is to let you build powerful analytical models and enrich these with DAX functions. After this course:
- You have the knowledge to build efficient analytical models with different types of tables.
- You understand and can create and use relationships between tables.
- You know how to add calculations to models with DAX.
- Bonus: you know the best practices to develop models that are fast and easy to maintain.
TopicsWe start by discussing the fundamental concepts of the Power BI data model. We explore the features of the Power BI Desktop tool, but spend most of our time on data modeling and DAX.
- Basics of Power BI data modeling: tables, relationships, data types, metadata.
- Analytical model design.
- Introduction to DAX: calculated columns and measures.
- Basic DAX functions.
- DAX context and filtering.
- Time Intelligence functions, like year-to-date and rolling total
Learn from the best trainers in Europe, with 10+ years experience and + 10.000 managers trained.
- Our trainers are Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP): a garantee for the best possible Power BI knowledge available.
- Change from manual labour and human mistakes to automatic load and transform complex data, that will be used in all kinds of visualizations.
- Learn how BI really works for your Bussiness. This could best be the first step to an Data Driven Organization!
- International setting: this online course is only delivered in the English language.
- Duration: 4 half day (3,5 hours)
- Costs: € 799,00 excl VAT. (€ 963,16 including 21% VAT). Access to the online course is only possible after paying by Credit Card or other electronic means.
- Participants: we allow a maximum of 15 participants.
- Quanto creates a virtual place for this online course. There will be virtual break-out rooms to practice with other participants.
- Language: this course is delivered in the English language. The course matrials are available in the English language.
- Prerequisites: this course does not require any prior knowledge.
- Program: a prerequiste is to have a laptop during the course with Microsoft Power BI Desktop installed.
- Material: students will receive a hand-out with the course material and training files.
AudienceThis business training is for everybody that works, or wants to work with Power BI and also want to get to gain the best knowledge about Power BI.
- BI consultants,
- Members of BI teams,
- Business analysts,
- Business controllers,
- (Power) Excel users,
Henk Vlootman, Data Platform MVP.
Henk Vlootman has been awarded the prestigious Microsoft MVP award since 2013. From 2013 until 2016, he received the award for his outstanding expertise and community leadership in Excel. Since 2016 he has been awarded in the Data Platform category for Power BI. Henk is founder and CEO of Quanto and founder and chairman of the Dutch Power BI User Group.
With a 25+ year career as an Excel consultant, trainer, and author, Henk Vlootman has ample experience in helping organizations get the most out of their data. Being the face of Microsoft’s launch campaign for Power Pivot for Excel in the Netherlands, he was one of the first to work with the technology now known as Power BI.
Henk is a regular speaker at Power BI and Excel-related conferences around the world. He blogs for Financieel Management, the Dutch community for finance professionals.
Michiel Rozema, Data Platform MVP.
Michiel Rozema has been awarded the prestigious Microsoft MVP award since 2019. He was given the award for his outstanding expertise and community leadership in Power BI.Michiel is founder and CEO of Quanto and founder and board secretary of the Dutch Power BI User Group.
Michiel Rozema is a data analytics consultant combining deep knowledge of Power BI with expertise on process-oriented and organizational aspects of data analytics. He is a top expert in the DAX analytical language. As a Data Insight Lead at Microsoft, he was responsible for the introduction of Power BI and its predecessors in The Netherlands.
Michiel is a highly appreciated trainer and a regular speaker on (Power BI) conferences worldwide.